Who is this nut?

My photo
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" T. Pratchett

31.12.06

Holy crap I may have been right

For those of you whom I have spoken to endlessly about football may remember, I made a preseason prediction that the NFC-East would claim 3 of the payoff spots and that Washington would not be one of them. It isn't 100% official yet, but it looks like I was right. With Philly and Dallas vying for the Division Title (the loser taking a wild card slot) and the Giants apparently filling the other wild card slot, it seems that my predictions have come true.

I would feel smart, but the fact that NY is making it in with an 8-8 record is not impressive. What the hell is wrong with the NFC this year. It seems to be a case of who can suck the least instead of there being clearly dominant teams. I keep hearing about how the AFC teams that are just missing the playoffs could run roughshod all over the best in the NFC. The sad thing is, there is a grain of truth to this idea, but I would say that there are three teams in the NFC that when playing well could beat the best in the AFC: Eagles (of course), Saints, and Bears. These are all teams, that when clicking, play amazing football.

All in all, it is shaping up to be a fun post-season for football lovers. Both conferences have teams that can upset the top seeds. The Patriots are always dangerous, and many football types (including Hall of Fame Cowboy Bob Lilly in an interview on NFL Radio) have said they could see Philly in the Super Bowl because of the way they have been playing (please, please). I always like it when the outcome isn't obvious.

No comments: