Who is this nut?

My photo
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" T. Pratchett

4.4.07

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy an xbox 360.

What an interesting juxtaposition to my previous entry. Erik and I sat down to play some Tiger Woods per his request. We started to load the players and the screen froze. I rebooted and it froze again. Then, the dreaded 3 red lights of death. I unplugged it, removed the hard drive, plugged it back in. It booted, then froze.

I called tech support, got bounced around the God forsaken system they call "Max" (for Maximum annoyance maybe), and finally spoke to a person who was at best a drone. He could only operate from his script, couldn't pronounce some words and made no attempts at others just leaving them out for my imagination to fill in. This is customer support? After he put me on hold about 5 times and gave me 2 different reference numbers (God only know if either are any good) he told me to have a nice day. Well thanks, I might be so inclined if this wasn't the SECOND F'N TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED.

What a joke, play for 4 months then wait 1 more for the GD repair, which is also a joke because they just send you another one, not yours. So as a 360 owner, you can look forward to playing 4 out of every 5-6 months. I know someone who has been through this cycle 4 times. We aren't modders and I don't run the system overly hard. WTF Microsoft? I think I will just sell the damn thing when it comes back and buy a Wii.

No comments: