Who is this nut?

My photo
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" T. Pratchett

28.5.07

Memorial Day Weekend

Well we packed up the camper, the truck and the family and went camping with the Galipeaus this weekend. We had a great weekend for camping, lots of sun and even a heater free night.

Saturday we went to a lake near Katahdin, the Galipeaus and Addy got to do a little kayaking. Erik was quite upset that we didn't have a life vest to fit him. Later that day we went out and found one.

Sunday, Addy and I went shopping. We picked up some camper stuff and a bamboo wind chime to hang off the awning. We later went to the river and Erik and I had a chance to enjoy kayaking. When I came back I had that grin on my face that made Ellyn say she would give me money toward a kayak for Father's Day. At some point, poor little Addy Cat got a bug bite on her right eye lid. It swelled up so she looked like Rocky.

We woke up this morning to general sogginess. We packed up and headed home. On the way home I received a call that a piece of equipment had gone down at work. After we got home, I went and fixed it. On the way back, I decided to stop at Mojos to see what they had for kayaks. I have been looking at kayaks for years, but now I knew I liked it. Wouldn't you know it, they were running a sale. I came home with this in the khaki color.

I brought it home, took the wrapping off it (yep still in the wrapper) and headed off to find Scott on the Presque Isle stream. I put in and paddled up stream. I passed under the railroad trestle and saw Scott. I yelled to him, "How far up did you go?"

He looked confused, so I said "Do you like my new toy?"

Instantly realizing what was going on, he yelled "NO WAY!"

We paddled back and chatted along the way. What fun. I hope it's nice tomorrow.

No comments: