Who is this nut?

My photo
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" T. Pratchett

8.7.07

File Under: We survived

We are home safe and sound. All and all we had a good week in Jonesport. They say there are only 3 good days in Jonesport, and we got 4 of them, so no real complaints. Although, both Josh and I are of the opinion that Thursday morning's heavy rain and wind whipping off the water were quite uncalled for. The more extreme weather was a learning experience for us.

The kids played very well together, and sharing most of the time. A sore spot was the kid swing. Ethan and Addy were both vying for time in it. Erik and Emma got along pretty well, and were good little helpers when it came to shepherding the other two.

I even managed a few paddles, and took Erik with me a couple of times. I even shared and let some others use the Heritage while I took the Pungo. Josh went out Monday, Kristen and Emma the next, Wednesday saw Josh and Emma, Andrew, and Ellyn all getting turns. By the time I got off the water I was white with salt. Good times. ;)

The campfire and the company were good as usual and Uncle Eric enjoyed regaling us with the fooky and teepy (Emma speak for spooky and creepy) tale of Liz Rachel. The story is best relayed around a campfire in Jonesport, suffice to say it had me on the alert during those late night tree watering moments.

I have added some pics, from last week on my Flickr account.

No comments: