Who is this nut?

My photo
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" T. Pratchett

2.11.07

File Under: Letter to the Editor

To the Editor:

I would like to address this letter to the individual or individuals responsible for the theft of my family's Halloween decorations. Every year I decorate my house for two reasons. The joy of my children and the joy I see on the faces of people who drive slowly by in the evenings. I firmly believe that when we as a community decorate for a holiday, it enhances that feeling of community. For me, that feeling has been stifled by you.


On Halloween night, you stole several of our decorations. Now I have to explain to my young children what happened to their pumpkins, ghosts, spider and kitty. These things that were mere garbage to be pilfered to you, were treasures to them. When they would come home from school, they would greet and hug their favorite pieces.


At first I was angry and disgusted by this action; now I feel sad. Sad for you, that your life is such that you need to steal children's decorations to find pleasure. You may have gotten a thrill from that night, but in the eyes of many the only thing more petty than your larceny, is you. I implore you to evaluate your actions, and see that you are not the only person impacted by them.

No comments: