Who is this nut?

My photo
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" T. Pratchett

29.4.08

File Under: Hey Bob, Supe Had a Straight Job

HDNet had a Crash Test Dummies concert on this weekend. Unfortunately, by the time I caught it, it was mostly over. I managed to grab "Superman Song." The first time I heard this song, in college, I had to have the CD. Finding a little known Canadian band in Bangor, Maine took a lot of trips to different music stores. The reason I wanted it so bad, was the way the song struck me.

For the first time I started thinking about what made Superman a hero. I started to ask people, what they thought made Superman "Super," the answers I received seldom jived with my new perspective on the matter. So I pose to you my readers the same question now. I will tell you my thoughts later.


Crash Test Dummies - Superman Song from Real Kired on Vimeo.

1 comment:

AH said...

I'm sure dissertations have been wriiten on this but to me - simply put - Superman consistently did the right thing for no other reason than that it was the right thing. A lot harder to do than it sounds.