Who is this nut?

My photo
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" T. Pratchett

12.6.08

File Under: Andrew Ripp, take 2

I've been listening to Andrew Ripp's album and I can say quite easily that I like him. I'm going to break a little with my traditional hands off approach and just give a little insight into why. He has a strong voice that can still invoke vulnerability and he's good at establishing a hook. You know, that part of the song that smacks you up side the noggin and demands you listen. It's one of those things you know when you hear it. I am not a fan of "pop" music, but I love a good hook and Andrew has them. You know who else has them? David Ford and the new Queen and Knights of my musical realm, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.

Anyway, in my little Andrew Ripp journey, I have happened upon some links for free song downloads. If you like them please buy the album, hit up iTunes, or listen to it on Rhapsody (the man deserves to get paid).

It's All Good - Fifty Miles to Chicago
http://www.indie911.com/incoming/AndrewRipp/Its_All_Good.mp3

The Privileged Life - Live at Schuba's

http://www.indie911.com/incoming/AndrewRipp/The_Privileged_Life_Schubas.mp3

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i agree. it's all about the hook. and both grace potter and andrew ripp are incredible live too! you can get a small taste of andrew and his band on www.vlaze.com. Search under andrew ripp.