Who is this nut?

My photo
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" T. Pratchett

9.6.08

File Under: Of Pickles and Yodeling

One of the things that humanizes and increases my enjoyment of Grace Potter and the Nocturnals is their healthy sense of humor. They are seldom in danger of taking themselves too seriously (thank God). As a fine example, of their enjoyment of silliness, allow me to regale you with the tale of the Yodeling Pickle.

During the Manchester show, Mr. Bryan Dondero brought forth the aformentioned pickle with a showman's flair. He proceeded to place it under Animal's butt, which is where one of the drum kit mics was hiding. He pushed the button and a glorious and wonderful sound erupted.

The crowd went wild, Grace explained that it was indeed a yodeling pickle. Bryan touched off that choral cuke once again. Then Mr. Scott Tournet spoke my new favorite quote, "I need more pickle in the monitor." At that moment I realized that these guys were fan-f#@$ing-tastic.

The next day, I was to learn that Aya Inoue of the Leaves was the source of said pickle, "I just put 'yodeling pickle' into Google, and there it was on Amazon." It's true, try it.

Saturday night at Lebanon saw a rearrangemnt of Animal to another part of the drum kit. I assume it was due to his complaints about getting his prostate exam from a yodeling pickle. (Which seems odd, since he spent most of his career with Frank Oz's hand up his backside.) Thanks to this rearrangement, Bryan could tickle his yodeling pickle with impunity. A good time was had by all.

No comments: