Who is this nut?

My photo
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" T. Pratchett

19.12.08

File Under: Is Fairpoint throttling down heavy users?

Since I've started using the Netflix streaming option on my xbox 360, I've noticed a curious thing. I will start out with great speed and video quality, then after an hour or so, I start having problems. Even though I have the 3mbps tier, I end up with the show stopping and a message telling me that my connection has slowed and they're adjusting the quality. This ends up happening a few times until I have unwatchable video. I couple this problem with the complaints I've been hearing from other heavy users and I start to see a pattern. I think that Fairpoint may be pulling a Comcast and restricting the bandwidth for heavy users. I could be wrong, but I am getting closer and closer to paying the extra $10/month for Time Warner to get the speed I need.

4 comments:

AH said...

Fairpoint seriously sucks . . at least with Verizon they would take complaints seriously. Now if you ask what's going on and pinpoint a problem - and do everything they tell you to try - they still tell you it's on your end.
I never bought their line of BS about better service to begin with so am not surprised . . but didn't expect it to deteriorate.
Am also thinking about finding an alternative.

BTW . . it's not just a northern Maine issue . . know people in NH who are having problems with them as well.

Anonymous said...

It's happening because they don't like the content you choose to watch.

More nature shows and less slasher/left-liberal/softcore stuff and the speed should pick right up!

kired said...

Stop peeking at my queue!

Unknown said...

If the woman you are going to buy Travel Monogram Canvas gift for, is different, decent and self-supporting, then you should choose a beautiful Louis Vuitton Shoulder bags Totes Surya from LV Antigua collection. Through this louis vuitton vernis you may easily win the heart of that woman. This Classic China Run lv present is perfect for any independent and louis vuitton jewellery stylish woman who owns a good aesthetic sense towards fashion. monogramouflage handbag is a brand that has been a great part of the fashion industry since louis vuitton monogram denim was founded in 1854. This brand has many attributes linked to lv handbags 2010 name. But with these wallets lv new attributes there comes a drawback that is quite difficult to avoid.