Who is this nut?

My photo
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" T. Pratchett

10.4.09

File Under: Vevo, Universal Music's latest and greatest.

Read the Wired article here. This is the first response on the Digg page, makes me smile:

Demonbaby - "Wow guys, this is awesome! I've been looking for a new place to view music videos from all of my favorite UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP artists! It's exciting to me that I can finally be one hundred percent sure I'm sending revenue to the biggest, most out-of-touch dinosaur of a giant multi-national corporation when I watch music videos online! I'll even be helping the RIAA stay in business - those guys have been having some tough times lately, so they need our support! You know, sometimes I would find music videos on YouTube from my favorite UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP artists, but it appeared that they'd been uploaded ILLEGALLY by some fan trying to steal money from hard-working lawyers and executives! It made me feel dirty for watching videos that weren't provided to me officially by UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP - it felt like I was stealing! Thankfully all of that moral ambiguity will be gone now that VEVO is here! If history is any indication, all of my favorite UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP videos on VEVO will include all of the great features that I, the consumer, have come to expect from UNIVERSAL MUSIC GROUP, like LOTS of cool advertisements during the videos, and a special feature that makes sure I can't repost the video on anyone other websites - that would be stealing!! Golly everyone I'm SO PSYCHED for this cool new website!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here we will deliver the bag, leave vitality of the Replica Bags Antigua Cabas. This Replica Bag handles with white pinstripes, and you say it significant size and atmosphere, and your mental condition of catchy again in line with the trend path.