Who is this nut?

My photo
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" T. Pratchett

16.6.09

FIle Under: Life and lawns

It struck me (no it didn't hurt) while I was mowing my lawn this morning, that life is kind of like mowing with a push mower. It's work and it seems like it will take forever. There's always obstacles in the way so you have to go around, or move it before you can continue. You look up from your path and you see it's already half done (at his point the metaphor diverts a little, when you mow, you're happy to reach the halfway mark). Then with a certain sense of quickness, you arrive at the end.

Just like mowing lawns, life goes along easier with some really good music. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes helped me with my literal lawn this morning.

No comments: