Who is this nut?

My photo
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" T. Pratchett

31.3.09

File Under: Bye, Bye Fairpoint

I am glad to say that I have kicked Fairpoint to the curb. Time Warner came today and installed ye olde Roadrunner. It's faster, but not on everything. There's still traffic issues on sites like Facebook, but overall, it's faster. The speed also seems more consistent, which was ulitmately the reason I dumped Fairpoint. I didn't really need a lot more top end, but the intermittent speed drops were really pissing me off.

I was going to be scathing when I called to cancel, but the poor lady sounded depressed enough as it was, poor thing.

1 comment:

AH said...

She probably read the news piece about how their poor performance is going to get them some hefty fines. Classic example of don't make promises you don't know if you can keep.
When even Verizon was saying this was a bad buyout you'd think the three state PUCs would have listened ... another time I've wondered what the backroom payoff was ....