Who is this nut?

My photo
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" T. Pratchett

12.3.09

File Under: Filet O Fish ad hits on all cylinders

It's a lesser known fact that I studied marketing in my college years, and in fact have a degree in advertising. As such, I generally avoid ads and deride many as just plain awful. There are some ads that tickle my fancy, ie. the butt dialing spot, but it's not a stellar ad, cause most people probably couldn't tell you who it's for.

That said, McDonald's is currently running one of the strongest ads, I have seen in a long time. It has a great jingle that gets inside your brain and won't leave, and there is no mistaking what the product is. It's very well acted, the heavy guy bouncing to the beat while munching his Filet-O-Fish, completely sells it. I'm sitting here, right now at 8 am thinking I might want that damn fish sandwich. The ad has also gone viral, it's been uploaded by multiple users on YouTube, and the teenagers are actually talking about it, they love it (per teachers I know). This may be one of those ads that defines that younger generation. Their "Where's the beef?" So despite McD's being a competitor, I say bravo to your Tivo stopping, jingle singing spot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just saw this ad last night and had similar, but not as insightful, feeling about it. Plus, this is my favorite fast-food sandwich.